1. To create an interesting, multi-disciplinary and practical learning environment by making robots at different levels.
2. To expand and establish a good relationship with other robotic clubs of top Institutions and Universities.
3. Foster an environment that will encourage engineering subject matter related discussions across engineering branches - Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical and Computer Science.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SOCIETY:
1. Arrange seminars and training for students & update them with the new craze of today’s Robotics.
2. Attend training camps for more knowledge in the field of application and participation in national competitions as well as workshops conducted by the student members and faculty co-ordinators.
3. Record and preserve the development of the Robotics society.
4. Promoting robotics within the college campus
SESSIONS HELD SO FAR:
1. 7th & 8th April 2012 - Workshop on Manual and Autonomous robots conducted by Kyrion Technologies Pvt. Ltd. which is a part of the Alumni Association of IIT Delhi. 76 students participated and learned about the designing, programming and operation of Autonomous and Manual robots. The company provided a robotic kit and study material on robotics to the participants.
2. 28th April 2012 - First meet of the ABIT Robotics Society was conducted in which a seminar on history and subsequent development of Robots was organised in order to motivate the students for designing of the robots according to their own choice.
3. 5th May and 12th May 2012 - Students were tarined with how to identify and test any discrete electronic and electrical components which is a part of the preliminary requirements for designing of robots.
4. 19th and 26th May - As a basic requirement students were trained with making of powersupply for operation of robots and some students designed the power supply.
It has been planned to start with making of robots by the students from the begining of the odd semester so that quite a good number of robots can be designed before the annual techfest of ABIT.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF ABIT STUDENTS IN THE FIELD OF ROBOTICS:
1. Students of second year mechanical engineering are the Winners of first prize in the Roborace competition held at MITM, Bhubaneswar in the month of April 2012.
2. Winner of the Roborace competition held at Bhubaneswar Engineering College in the Month of April 2012 (Electrical and EEE students of Second year).
3. Winner of the robotics competition held at NIT, Calicut in the year 2009.
4. Winner of the robotics competition held at IIT, Kharagpur in the year 2009.