In 2008 ABIT has established Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) with an objective of inculcating the culture of entrepreneurship among budding engineers. The present century has seen the tremendous contributions of entrepreneurs in augmenting the welfare of society. In our state Odisha, the status of entrepreneurship is in nascent stage. Therefore Government is helping in establishing EDC in various institutions of repute for popularization of this concept. ABIT has received a Grant-in-aid of eight lakhs rupees from AICTE, NewDelhi in 2009 to augment entrepreneurship development activities. A coordinating team is formed taking all head of departments of the institute as members.
• To train and motivate the students for self employment,
• To prepare the platform for the students to take up the entrepreneurship as a career,
• To support continuing education needs of personnel in areas of technology and management,
• To create environment for innovation and self employment through formal and Non-formal programmes,
• To establish a platform for effective interactions among existing and budding entrepreneurs.
EDC provides following services:
1. Preparation of Business Plan and Project Report.
2. Information about technologies available for commercialization.
3. Government schemes for technical entrepreneurs.
4. Interaction with existing entrepreneurs.
5. Enterprise Awareness Camp (EAC)
6. Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme (EAP)
7. Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP)
8. Skill Development Programme (SDP).
9. Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Entrepreneurship.
10. Pilot projects.
11. Vendor Development Programme.
For effective implementation of the programmes an Advisory Board is constituted. The Advisory Board will lay down policy guidelines, fixing up and suggestion for the development of the cell.
Mr. Chinmay Das, Chief Coordinator
(e-mail: email@example.com , Phone: 09437191495 )
Prof. Dr. S.K.Mishra, Principal
Mr. Satyadarshi Mishra, Head GB
Heads of Engineering Disciplines of ABIT
Mr. S.K.Mohanty, Faculty Member, IED, Odisha
General Manager, DIC, Cuttack
Manager, Union Bank of India
In 2011 EDC is instrumental in establishing Knowledge and Innovation Centre (KIC) and Enterprise Incubation Centre (EIC) inside institute premise. KIC undertakes industrial consultancy activities with active participation of faculties and students while EIC is the platform for young entrepreneurs to incubate their ideas into realities. M/S Silicon Software is the first incubatee of EIC. A prototype of improved hand spinning device is under development.