Information About Orators' Club:
The Club works towards developing Public Speaking, Communication, and Other Professional Skills. Members of the Club meet every Wednesday and Saturday.
Orators’ Club has been established with an aim to initiate the skills like communication, public speaking, and professionalism among the students. Considering the gap between the job requirements and the employability capacity of a technical graduate at present, the club designs course modules and conducts practice activities for its members so as to make them eligible for the competitive market. As a token of encouragement, the club rewards the winners of practice activities of numerous events by distributing certificates of excellence and prizes.
THE CLUB CONDUCTS PRACTICE ACTIVITIES ON:
- To provide opportunities for developing Public Speaking abilities, Communication Skills, Personality Development.
- To facilitate platform for Professional and Holistic development.
- To boost Confidence and Competitive knack among the members.
- To invite renowned Personalities for Pep Talks to update the outlook.
- Public Speaking
- Communication Skills
- Extempore Speech
- Debate Skills
- Group Discussion opportunities
- Quiz Platforms
- Leadership Skills
- Inter-Personal Communication
- Personality Development
- Paragraph Reading
- Picture Perception
- To show short videos on the above skills
For smooth functioning of the club, an Advisory Board and a six member coordinating team are constituted. The Board will lay down policy guidelines and direct principles for the betterment of the club and the coordinating team is to design course modules and conduct practice activities in the club.
Chief Coordinator cum Secretary:
- Ar.K.B. Mohapatra, Director
- Dr.(Mrs.)P.R. Mishra, Director (Academic)
- Dr.Santosh Kumar Misra, Principal, President of the Club
- Er.Satyadarshi Mishra, Head GB, Chairperson of the Club
- Dr.Biswajit Tripathy , Asst. Professor, English,
e-mail :email@example.com, cell phone-09437273967 Executive Members:
- Dr. Amita Naik, Member, Dept. of English,
- Dr. Mausumi Mahakul, Member, Dept. of English,
- Dr. Abhiram Sathpathy, Member, Dept. of Physics,
- Ms. Rosemary Wilsone, Member, Dept. of MBA,
- Er. Avinash Nayak, Member, Dept. of Electronics & Telecom. Engg.,
The club has more than 150 registered members. It has conducted nearly 15 activities, 2 pep talks and 6 video shows for its members in the last semester.